I receive a military pension from a country (India) that does not have a social security agreement with Canada. Will this have an impact on my OAS and GIS Brent – Yes, I am pretty sure that under the Canada-U.S. agreement, you will be eligible for U.S. Social Security. Sir, I have been a Canadian citizen since 2008 and have visited India several times due to property issues, and during my visit I had a stroke twice and was diagnosed with a disability. I don`t have a permanent home in India and I`m on rent to survive as I recently generated business but is still losing out. The property is still unsold, I have been filling ITax for all the years also explaining my capital gains by form 1135. Now applied OAS paper to Service Canada and awaiting response. In September, I will be 65 years old, family in Canada and home, as for my less days of stay in Canada, I could get social security benefits between Canada and India. Please advise you. Thanks to S.S.Dhindsa Canada currently has international social security agreements with more than 50 countries. These agreements coordinate pension plans for people who have lived or worked in two countries. Hello, Doug, your help will be greatly appreciated.

I am 15 years old, I live in Courtice, Ontario. My question is about the survival pension. My father is dead, and apparently I can apply for this pension here in Canada and in my father`s country, Chile. My father worked in Chile for a short time, when he was young, before coming to Canada as he did 50 years ago. Both pensions work the same way. Being a student until I`m 24. Can I receive both reversion pensions? (My mother divorced my father, at least for the survival pension in Chile, she is not eligible). If I apply for the pension in Chile via Service Canada (Chile and Canada have an agreement), how does it work? If I am ashamed in Chile, I must, among some documents they ask, obtain Chilean nationality, which I do not have about it. To do this, I also need a Chilean identifier, similar to our SIN, whose number is used for almost everything in Chile. So, just to begin with, I should get these two things through the Chilean Consulate in Toronto.

If I apply for the survival pension in Chile via Canada, would it be the same with respect to the necessary documents, which means that I still have to do the same at the consulate mentioned above? That`s what I want to avoid. Assuming I apply to Canada, how does the payment of Chile`s benefit work? I would not worry about paying from here. The Chilean institution sends money to Canada and Canada pays me? I guess some things, as you can see, do not know, for example, whether I can get both pensions. If only one pension was allowed, how or who decides? If I stay with the Chilean pension because the monthly payment is more than the pension here in Canada, Canada enters it, with the exception of the tax issue? Doug, right now, I don`t know what to do. I asked a few questions about it by phone in Ottawa (International Division Human Resources and Development) and they have no idea about the case. You told me about an application to be filled out, but that is not enough. Unfortunately, at this time, I cannot personally go to the Service Canada office for the virus, and apparently no one knows when it will end. I`m just trying to find out things in advance for the day when I can start filling out the paperwork, if you know what I mean. I think the only person who can help me is someone like you that I was lucky enough to find on the Internet.